xmlhelp ported to gbuild

Damjan Jovanovic
Hi

After a long break, I've decided to do some more gbuild porting, for
interesting reasons I will discuss later.

main/xmlhelp has just been ported and the changes committed.

It's been tested only on FreeBSD but the changes are fairly conservative
and should work everywhere.

186 modules exist in total.
65 AOO modules using dmake still remain to be ported to gbuild.
All 37 external modules (eg. jpeg, zlib) are using dmake. How to port them
remains unclear, but they should be easy to port as they use other build
scripts that we chain-build.

Damjan

Re: xmlhelp ported to gbuild

Kay Schenk-2
On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Damjan Jovanovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> After a long break, I've decided to do some more gbuild porting, for
> interesting reasons I will discuss later.
>
> main/xmlhelp has just been ported and the changes committed.
>
> It's been tested only on FreeBSD but the changes are fairly conservative
> and should work everywhere.
>
> 186 modules exist in total.
> 65 AOO modules using dmake still remain to be ported to gbuild.
> All 37 external modules (eg. jpeg, zlib) are using dmake. How to port them
> remains unclear, but they should be easy to port as they use other build
> scripts that we chain-build.
>
> Damjan

Hi. I built and have opened and checked out the existing AOO Help. So far,
so good. This is on my CentOS 6.10 system with the old gstreamer so I did
not enable that option. I need to investigate the build output and will
report on any problems in a few days.

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Re: xmlhelp ported to gbuild

Damjan Jovanovic
That's good news, thank you.

Significant further changes will be coming, with the ability to run
cppumaker-based UNO IDL generation from gbuild that I am now developing,
which was a barrier to porting at least 7 more dmake modules.